Description: Administers superior clinical and emotional care to our clients in the home, hospital, hotel or assisted living environment. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Advantage Nursing Care Case Manager.
- Conducts patient care as directed by physician and/or Case Manager
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner
- Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs
- Processes orders and notifies Case Manager of patient needs and any changes in the client’s condition
- Provides clinical expertise in physical assessment, intervention planning, wound care, medication management and administration
- Is available for on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned
- Respects and acknowledges the client’s need for continuity of care and always acts in a professional manner
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing (RN required)
- Two (2) years experience in nursing, preferred
- Current active Massachusetts Nursing License
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification
- Up to date and current on vaccinations
- Maintains professional liability insurance
- Able to independently lift 75 lbs.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is insured and is in good working order
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
- Reliable and trustworthy